Sugar Scrubs for Gifts
Stuck about what to give your last certain few on the list? All the ladies would appreciate sugar scrubs.
Sugar scrubs are easier to make than you’d think and the best part is that you can make them with any scent you’d like, so you can personalize them as gifts for just about anybody. Sugar scrubs make the best gifts because they’re pretty and oh so much fun to receive.
Making sugar scrubs only takes a few ingredients and the end result makes for an awesome Christmas gift for friends, family, and even work colleagues.
NOTE: Use caution as coconut oil may leave your tub or shower slippery, rinse well with hot water and use a towel if needed to absorb any remaining oil. Avoid getting water in the jars.
These scrubs should last anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months.
Lemon or Lemon Raspberry Sugar Scrubs
- 1/4 c Coconut Oil
- 3/4 c – 1 c granulated white sugar
- 2 – 4 drops yellow or red food coloring
- 10 – 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil OR
- 10 – 15 drops Raspberry or Vanilla Extract
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 20-35 seconds until melted.
- Pour sugar into oil and mix. If too runny, gradually add more sugar and mix until you have the desired consistency.
- Add food coloring to make the color you desire.
- Add Essential Oils and Extract drops (if you’re blending) to achieve the scent you desire (for the Lemon Raspberry use 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil and 10 drops Raspberry Extract).
- Store in an air-tight container. You can get decorative jars that seal well and make your end product very attractive.
- This recipe makes 2-3 small cups of scrub. To make multiple gifts or batches, double the recipe.
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to a jar with an airtight lid.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- To use: Apply to wet skin in the shower, and rub in a circular motion, rinse away, dry skin by patting with a towel.
3-Ingredient Peppermint Sugar Scrub
This 3-Ingredient Peppermint Sugar Scrub is great for soothing tired muscles and reviving dry skin, it’s a great DIY gift that can be made in less than 10 minutes!
Yield: 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 – 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Melt coconut oil in a medium bowl in the microwave for about 30 seconds and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and essential oil until evenly combined.
- Package up into air-tight jars.