Tips For A Successful Christmas Party
‘Tis the season for all sorts of things – things that are stressful, things that are fun, things that bring good feelings. Gift buying, tree selection and decorating, home and yard decorating, baking and partying, to name a few, are what you’ll find yourself involved with during this holly, jolly season. A successful Christmas party, hosted by you and/or your family, may well be in the cards.
If you’re hoping to have that dream Christmas party, you’re going to need a plan – a few weeks prior to the big day – since any successful party needs quite a bit of effort and organization. It’s best not to leave it to the last minute and not to leave anything to chance. Here are a few tips for a successful Christmas party:
- First of all, you’ll need to decide on the venue for the party. If there is a particular place where you wish to throw the party, you have to book the place well in advance.
- If you decide to have the party at home, you’ll want to have the house in a festive mood. That starts with the Christmas tree to truly set the holiday mood and add to the fun and frolic. You’ll also want the rest of the house all jazzed up for Christmas too.
- If you’re having a sit down dinner for your guests, you’ll want pretty, seasonal, dinnerware and a nice centerpiece.
- Next comes the task of deciding who you’ll invite to the party. Make a guest list, and make sure you request an RSVP. Knowing the number of guests to expect will enable you to decide how much food you’re going to need. This is especially helpful if you’re thinking of using a caterer.
- Once you have finalized your list, the sooner you send out the invitations, the sooner your guests have to plan their schedule and send you their RSVP.
- If you want to have entertainment, that will also need planning. For an informal get-together, you might consider karaoke. If the party is a more formal event, perhaps a professional DJ would fit the bill. Whichever you decide, make sure that to keep your guests well entertained.
- Provide plenty of food. This is the holiday season, when people like to splurge on food and worry about dieting or watching their waistline in the new year. If you feel a little apprehensive about cooking for so many people, you could use a caterer, or have a pot luck. With a caterer or a pot luck, you can save on some hard labor.
So to sum up your tips for a successful Christmas party, get your venue, take care of decorating, make a guest list, send out the invites in plenty of time – with an RSVP, determine how much food you’ll need, cook it yourself, get a caterer, or have a pot luck, book some entertainment, and lastly, make sure you and your guests have a great time.
Here’s an extra tip: Why not do a bit of a fund raiser too? Buy a gift basket to raffle off at your party and donate the proceeds to a local charity or a needy family?