Adult Christmas Games Ideas
Not all Christmas games have to be for children, nor do they have to be serious. Good gracious, adults like to let their hair down and have good, silly, fun, times too. Here are a few adult Christmas games to get you started.
If you’re with a group that’s not afraid of looking silly, here’s just the game:
- Provide a pair of pantyhose for each team and a total of 8 balloons.
- When the game begins, the team should begin blowing up the balloons.
- The inflated balloons then have to be put into the legs of the pantyhose.
- To make the game fair, the teams should each have 2 people.
- Make sure the pantyhose is not a petite size.
- The game ends when someone gets all their balloons into the legs of the pantyhose, “wears” the antlers and sings the first verse of “Jingle Bells”.
- Make sure to everyone finishes the game, so you can get a great pictures of your guests/family in his or her pantyhose “antlers”.
For a fun relay-type game, how about making a Santa beard:
- Set out a big bowl of cotton balls and get a container of Vaseline.
- Put some Vaseline on the chins of each member of each team (ideally, 2 teams of about 5 people each). The first players in line run to the bowl of cotton balls and stick their chin in the bowl, trying to get as many to stick to the Vaseline as possible.
- They then run to the back of their line, so the next player can have a turn.
- When everyone on a team has a beard, that team wins.
- As with the other game, be sure to take lots of pictures of everyone wearing their Santa beards.
- Also have plenty of towels, soap, and water to remove the Vaseline. Adult Christmas games can get a bit messy.
This next game is great for a smaller group of people who are open to a more quiet game:
- This is about packing Santa’s bag.
- You start by saying, “I packed Santa’s bag and in it I put pajamas.”
- The next person continues with, “I packed Santa’s bag and in it I put pajamas, and toilet paper.”
- Each person continues, each time adding a new item, but also listing the items that were added before. You are out of the game when you miss an item.
- Someone should probably be sitting outside the game, keeping a list of all the items, so if the game goes on for a bit, you will know if someone misses an item.
If you’re having a Christmas party for adults, why not offer up a fun game that’s sure to remind them of a childhood favorite:
- Create a Christmas scavenger hunt.
- Get people to create teams (about 4 people per team is adequate, but you might want to have larger or smaller teams depending on the size of your party).
- Make a list of items they need to find and return.
- If you choose to keep the searching local, either at your home or in the neighborhood, include items like a miniature light string, a piece of holly, a leave off a poinsettia plant, and the like.
- If you choose to have guests traipse all over town for items, you can have even more fun. You might require them to purchase a holly-decorated box of tissue, or have them provide photo proof that they went down your city’s Christmas Tree Lane. Whatever it is, be creative and enjoy the process.
- People love this game, not only because it reminds them of their childhood, but it helps people get to know other party guests they might not know that well and it’s a game that gets people working together, which can always be fun.
Everyone enjoys Hershey’s kisses at Christmas:
- Divide your group into two teams and have two bowls of Hershey’s kisses at the other end of the room. Give each team one set of oversized mittens or gloves.
- The first person in line runs to the bowl of kisses, and has to unwrap the kiss while wearing the oversized mittens/gloves and pop the kiss into their mouth.
- They run back, tag the next person in line, and exchange the mittens/gloves and the next person runs forward to get a chocolate kiss.
- The winning team is the one in which all members have enjoyed a kiss first.
And of course, there are the tried and true games such as Scrabble, Monopoly, Cribbage, HedBanz, Chinese Checkers, Checkers, Jenga, Dominoes, and nothing beats Charades. Your adult Christmas games are only as limited as your imagination.